Our patient representatives, also called patient advocates, serve as liaisons between the patient/family and hospital, helping to assure quality of care as well as patient/family satisfaction. Patient advocates promote the healing process by working with you to make sure any issue you have is resolved in a timely manner.
Your patient advocate can help:
- Increase the personalization of care to patients and families
- Strengthen, encourage and facilitate patient and family dialogue with their healthcare team
- Provide a personal and impartial means of communicating patient and family expectations, needs, requests and concerns to the healthcare providers
- Communicate the hospital's policies and procedures to the patient and family
- Identify potential patient, family, or visitor concerns or suggestions and direct them to the right resource
- Seek information for the patient and provide that information in easy-to-understand language
- Work with various departments in resolving patient concerns, tracking concerns, analyzing data to identify opportunities for improvement and to facilitate change
- Intervene and collaborate with hospital staff to assure privacy and confidentiality rights are protected
Helping patients navigate their health care needs
In short, our patient advocates exhibit the mission and philosophy of Franciscan Health.
At Franciscan Health, we understand hospitalization may cause financial pressures. Our Financial Counseling representatives are prepared to help you interpret and understand insurance benefits as they relate to hospital charges and help make arrangements for charges not covered by insurance. Be assured our personnel are familiar with managed care payers, commercial insurance carriers, federal and state programs and financial arrangements.
If you need a patient representative to help you, please select your facility to learn more about their patient advocacy services.